| 1. All Sandusky City Schools students MUST obtain an "Application for Minor Work Permit". It can be found online, at their school building office, or at the Sandusky City Schools Board of Education (407 Decatur Street).
2. Students must obtain a current (valid for 1 week) printout of their year-to-date attendance and tardy report from their respective school and present it when turning in application.
3. Student and Parent/Guardian must complete and sign the "Student/Applicant Information" section of the Application for Minor Work Permit."
4. Student and Parent/Guardian are responsible to have the "Physician's Certificate for Minor Work Permit" completed by a physician. A previous Physician's Certificate current (current within one year) and on file at the Board of Education (It is valid for use with Work Permits).
5. Employers need to fill out the "Pledge of Employer" section of the "Application for Minor Work Permit". All sections must be completely filled out or the permit will be returned to the student and no work permit will be issued.
6. Age verification must be proved when making application. (Ex. Birth certificate, driver's license, state ID, etc.)
7. The completed application, age verification, and attendance report should be returned to the Board of Education Building any business day Monday-Friday. There is a 24 hour wait for a work permit. The STUDENT must return the next day to pick up the work permit between 7:30 am - 8:15 am or 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm. No work permits will be issued during school hours. Non-school day hours may vary.
A Parent/Guardian need not be present to complete the work permit.
For Students at the Sandusky Digital Academy, Please contact Todd Peugeot for a 'Good Standing' Certificate.
For any questions, please contact:
(Completed forms can also be emailed.)